Wednesday, September 30, 2009

September's Just About Over: It's Been a Big Month

It's been quite a month for me. As I mentioned in another blog, So far
  • My second-oldest daughter got married
  • My father's condition took a turn for the worse
  • My new son-in-law got really, really, sick
    • Couldn't eat
    • A scary several days
  • My son-in-law got better
  • My father got worse
    • Lots worse
  • My father died
  • I buried my father and mother's remains yesterday
    • Half of them
    • They were cremated
      • I'll be seeing the other half buried
        • In northern Illinois
        • Next month
With about two and a half hours left of September, I'm hoping that there aren't any more major events. But, we'll see what happens.

My son and I finished reading Garfield and singing that song a few minutes ago; #1 daughter's rabbit, Giol, has been up for his 'people time' - and gone through two apple cores and a celery stick of respectable size; the family watched "Road to El Dorado" (2000) this evening - a real treat; and I enjoyed having a birthday with the family.

I love this bunch.

Aside from that, and discovering that I was running a fever, it's been an unusually quiet day. Knowing about that fever is a relief, in a way: at least I know why I'm feeling the way I do. Hey: it's a useful reminder to eat sensibly, exercise in moderation, and get to sleep at a decent time. I'm hoping to get achieve at least 2 of those three goals today. Well, one, anyway.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I forgot it was your birthday!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir