Thursday, August 12, 2010

Once in a While, I do Something Right

My wife, #3 daughter, and son were in St. Cloud this morning, to see a doctor: a routine follow-up on surgery.

I was a bit distracted when they returned, and didn't ask #3 daughter how she was feeling. This evening, when she was in the kitchen, I remembered - and asked.

Later, my wife told me that #3 daughter had observed 'you know, Dad can be nice sometimes.' Awww. That's the sort of thing that makes this 'parenting' thing feel worthwhile.

8 comments:

divorce lawyers Toronto said...

yeah, our kids require so much attention from their parents. Sometimes we forget about it and it hurts our kids.I imagine how cool was to hear these words from your daughter:)

Brian H. Gill said...

divorce lawyers Toronto,

Cool, indeed! :)

private investigator in toronto said...

The first thing that comes to mind - poor upbringing, parents themselves are to blame. But school, street, etc. teach to child also. Everything is difficult.

Brian H. Gill said...

private investigator in toronto,

Thanks for that comment.

One thing my wife and I have is that we're here. 24/7/365, in her case. Our way of life means no trips to Disneyland or vacation home: but on the whole I think it's working out fairly well.

Having stellar kids helped. A lot.

Steve said...

I bet that felt nice. I have a 9yo daughter and every now and then she does or says something like that and it feels great.

Brian H. Gill said...

Steve,

Yeah: Thanks for sharing that. :)

plastic soap containers said...

everything will be fine
thanks for the post

Brian H. Gill said...

Everybody else,

That last comment, posted by qualitycontainers.ca / Quality Containers? I know nothing about the company - and the comment is appreciated.

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir