Monday, November 24, 2014

Good News, Not-So-Good News, and a Monthly SNAFU

The good news is that, thanks to today's medical knowledge, I can keep my brain in good working order.

The not-so-good news is that I must jump through a few bureaucratic hoops every month to get a particular prescription filled. I understand why this is the case, but it's still a tad frustrating.(March 18, 2014)

I goofed last month, and didn't get the process started until I was down to — I think it was just under a week's supply left. That, and a longer-than-usual delay in the mail, resulted in my going without methylphenidate for nearly a week.

The NIH says that this drug "can be habit-forming," which I knew when it was first prescribed. I had the choice of struggling to maintain control of my brain, with only moderate success, or not. The choice was fairly obvious.

Not long after running out of that particular prescription last month, I experienced withdrawal. Happily, it only took a week or so to recover.

Finally, some good news. This month's prescription re-order process went a bit more smoothly: so I won't go through withdrawal again.

Some of the horror stories about 'cold turkey' probably aren't true: but on the whole it's an experience I prefer to not repeat.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir