Sunday, June 3, 2007

Last year, in brief

My third summer layoff in a row started in the spring. The timing was pretty good, as things turned out.

With no job to complicate schedules, the family doctor and my wife convinced me to get some long-overdue repairs done:

  • Carpal tunnel, left and right wrists
  • "Trigger finger" tendon trouble, left and right hands
  • Hip replacement, left and right side

It's a good thing I didn't have to go to work. I don't seem to bounce back as fast as I did when I was seventeen.

So far, last summer's layoff has lasted through fall, winter, and spring. My family hasn't had such exciting financial times for decades.

In a way, this is a wonderful opportunity. I'm getting a few minutes a week now, on average, at my day job, which gives me a great deal of time to develop my own business.

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir