Thursday, June 21, 2007

Transitions in life

My father still has enough breath to keep a conversation going for about ten minutes, but he has to work for it.

He's checking into what sort of medical interventions are possible, but he's also taking care of some details about what will be done when his life wraps up.

This is hardly unexpected. He's almost exactly thirty years older than I am, which puts him in his mid-eighties.

Just the same, I'm anticipating a great sense of loss some time in the next few days or years. Up to this time, I've been able to talk with my father, share experiences, get direct access to the knowledge and wisdom he's collected.

I'm not particularly looking forward to being the eldest in my line of fathers and sons.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir