Sunday, January 4, 2009

Minnesota Winter and No Furnace: Day Seven

#1 daughter returned to Alexandria today. I enjoyed having her and her rabbit around for the holidays. I think she liked being here, although it has got to feel good to be in a building with central heating again.

We still don't have a working furnace. The needed part may come tomorrow. Or, on the other hand, it may not. This week has reminded me just how nice it is to have a functioning furnace: particularly during a Minnesota January.

My wife and #3 daughter went to Soo Bahk Do practice tonight. Happily, they were able to use the path they'd cleared earlier today, for #1 daughter's car, to get out themselves.

My son didn't go with them: he's got the bug that's been hopping between members of the family lately. My fever is higher than my son's today - not that we're being competitive about it.

#2 daughter is still down in Louisiana, where she'll be for a couple of months. She's started work as a music teacher there. And, just to keep things interesting, she got a cold.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir