Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Little Four-Hour Nap

Working it out from my slightly-dazed memory, I think I got a total of about four hours sleep the night of March 20, and none at all on the 21st.

It's tax time, and Friday evening I discovered that I had two days to get my reports ready - not the nine I thought I had.

I got the reports done by my deadline - 8:00 a.m. Monday morning - but by the time I did, the sun was about to come up.

I got no work at all done Saturday, apart from that tax stuff: and very little Sunday evening.

So I've been catching up all week. Both on work, and physically.

Under the circumstances, I think I've done pretty well: but it's pretty obvious to me that I'm not 17 any more. Or 40, for that matter. Good grief, I'll be 60 soon.

After lunch today (grilled hamburgers - #1 daughter and her rabbit Giol kept me company while I grilled them), I felt a little tired and decided that I'd lie down on the living room couch. Just for a few minutes.

I woke up at about 4:55 p.m. I'm told that I've snored louder than I did this afternoon - but apparently not by much.

Yesterday we had the Easter get-together at our place. I should have counted heads - I think there were only about a dozen folks here, besides me, my wife, and our still-at-home kids. That's a small gathering for this family - but many of the nieces and nephews are off, mostly on the west coast, starting their own lives now.

That was a good time.

Even better, one of my brothers-in-law called in and set up a video connection. He's in Iraq, as a sort of firefighter. His wife and kids were here with us. Information technology's great: but that's just my opinion. It was good to see him again.

It's getting late, and I've got work to do. And still a lot to catch up on.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir