Monday, August 20, 2007

Haze Outside, and in My Head

Back-to-school in this household has been mostly a matter of getting our second-oldest daughter ready to go back to college, and readying our son for return to Elementary school.

Thankfully, I'm not directly involved in either project. At least not right now.

I've read that families should share activities, in order to forge emotional bonds. Two of the kids have had coughs lately, and today I have a slight fever. I don't mind the fever: It's being half-asleep all day that's bothered me.

And "half-asleep" has been an optimistic estimate.

I don't think this is what the experts had in mind, when they wrote about shared activities.

Recent rains have been good for yards in town, and settled the dust, but we've still got a drought here. There's an animated map showing the last 12 weeks of drought status at the U.S. Drought Monitor. (The most recent update shows May 31 - August 16.)

At least it isn't too hot. Too cold, maybe, but not too hot.

I'm counting on being more alert tomorrow. It wouldn't take much.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir