Sunday, August 5, 2007

Sunday: A Day of Rest and Grilling

This morning I sat down where I usually do, look at my laptop, and the diminutive fellow again. Except that now he's moved.

I don't want to sound like an alarmist, but it did strike me that it looks like he's trying to get around the screen to get at something. Or someone?

Nah. I just didn't get enough sleep last night, that's all. It's just a little Dare Devil action figure. Holding an improvised quarterstaff.

On a more reasonable and realistic note, my father-in-law, the deacon, was back at his usual post in Our Lady of the Angels church this morning. He's been back at deaconing since sometime last week, but I hadn't noticed.

That's good news. His recovery seems to be going quite well.

After getting home from church, my wife showed me the spatula. Time to grill. That's something I enjoy doing on most weekends. For an only slightly-interminable account of my grilling experience, there's Sunday: Not So Much About Grilling, as About the Experience of Grilling, today's post from my "Easy Griller" blog.

My wife and one of our daughters had been at the horse show this morning: helping with the food service. The local Soo Bahk Do group runs the food concession at that show each year, as a fund-raiser. (I don't know if I'm going to be able to start learning Soo Bahk Do again. The replacement hips are pretty good, but not quite up to the specs of original equipment. I have to be careful about subjecting them to impact stress: which means running is inadvisable, and so are the usual forms of Soo Bahk Do.)

An afternoon of kicking back and relaxing, an evening of pretty much the same, and I'm up to the present. Good night, all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll take a day of resting and kicking back anytime!

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir