Thursday, April 23, 2009

It's Tornado Week

I got a surprise a few minutes ago, when the sirens went off here in Sauk Centre. There are a few clouds in the sky: but nothing that would yield more than a drizzle. Maybe. And, it's not the first Wednesday of the month, when the system is routinely tested.

One of my brothers-in-law was over, helping my wife and #3 daughter get a car started. He told me it was Tornado Week. I looked it up at the Minnesota Department of Public Safety. It's a five days, five topics, week:
  • Monday - Thunderstorms, Hail, Straight-Line Winds, Lightning
  • Tuesday - Severe Weather Warnings
  • Wednesday - Floods, Flash Floods
  • Thursday - Tornado Drill Day
  • Friday - Heat
Pretty good idea, I think.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir