Sunday, April 26, 2009

"Quote of the Day" Reminded Me of Me and My Kids

Today's "Quote of the Day" from The Quotations Page is:

"Thomas Jefferson once said, 'We should never judge a president by his age, only by his works.' And ever since he told me that, I stopped worrying."
Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

#1 daughter says I remind her of Merlin, since I talk about events in human, geological, and cosmic history as if I'd experienced them first-hand.

#2 daughter doesn't put it that way, but was impressed at how I exclaimed "hey! That's the Lion Gate!" when glancing at a travel brochure she'd gotten from college. Apparently I said it the way most people would say, "Hey! That's - - - " and identify some familiar contemporary landmark.

My personal experience only goes back to around the midpoint of the 20th century (that's my story, and I'm sticking with it): but I've read enough about humanity's story and our little probes into what makes the universe tick, so that I do have a sort of vicarious 'memory' of those things.

And now, my son has a paper he wants me to look over, before he turns it in.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir