Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hummingbird Feeder, Unexpected Service Call, and Transitions

Yesterday's big evening drove it out of my mind, but I also cleaned and re-filled the hummingbird feeder yesterday. I bend the hook that attaches it to the shepherds-crook-shaped holder outside, so I only spilled a drop or so while putting it back outside.

A technician from our cable/telephone/internet provider came. It took a while to figure out why he was here. Catherine realized the visit probably happened because of a call my son made earlier. He pushed a lot of buttons, she explained, and resolved some sort of internet connection problem. The technician got an 'aha!' look on his face, when he learned that my son was thirteen.

#2 daughter and my son-in-law-to-be loaded furniture and one of my mother's china sets into a rental trailer this morning. Some of what we hauled down from the homestead is going back. If we'd known at the time that those two would be moving in after they got married this September, we could have left it there. But, memory only works in one direction.

I'm told that giving furniture a 250+ mile round trip was a good idea, in a way: my son-in-law-to-be will feel more as if it's 'his' place, and not someone else's home that he's borrowing.

The two of them - and his dog, Sprocket - headed out for the Red River Valley a little after mid-afternoon.

My wife, #3 daughter and my son are at Soo Bahk Do class tonight. I decided to stay home - I've got a few tasks to wrap up, and I'm feeling very tired. A good night's sleep will help, I suspect.

#1 daughter is, I understand, in St. Cloud at the moment, attending what may be the last training session for her Cutco sales job. As I've written before, we'll see how this job works out. Either way, it's good experience.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir