Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Shaggy Dog and Music

Tonight, just after supper, #2 daughter, my son-in-law-to-be, and his 2 1/2-year-old shaggy dog arrived. They'd already been up to the Red River Valley to see my father.

The dog, Sprocket, is big, shaggy, and very friendly. And, considering how long he'd been cooped up in a relatively small car, very well-behaved.



He greeted each of us enthusiastically. Which was a little overwhelming, since he weighs around 85 pounds. #3 daughter and my son took a little longer that my wife and I did, warming up to and getting friendly with Sprocket: but they came around.

After visiting for a while, I drove my wife and #3 daughter up to Camphill Village, north of town, for a recital. My wife had a solo ("Syncopated Clock"), and the two of them did a duet (something from "The King and I"). About a dozen music students showed what they'd learned on violin or piano. That made this evening a great deal more fun than yesterday's.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir