Monday, October 19, 2009

Monday: October's Bright Blue Weather; a Mouse Trap; and Duct Tape

I've wrapped up as much of the paperwork for a local Knights of Columbus bulletin's mailing that I'll get done tonight. I expect to get it in the mail tomorrow.

By which time it'll probably be raining.

October provided some of its 'bright blue weather' today. The skies weren't perfectly clear, but at least there was blue around the clouds. I got out for part of the afternoon, took photos for this Wednesday's Sauk Centre Journal, and had two cups of coffee at Jitters Java, downtown.

All in all, it's been a pretty good day.

We've set out mouse traps of the 'live trap' variety. So far, the mouse has shown a talent for springing them without going inside. We'll be looking for another kind of trap.

Now, about that duct tape.

As I was walking through the kitchen, my wife told me to stop.

Over a quarter century of marriage may not have taught me much, but I have learned that when my wife generally asks me to do things. When she tells me to do something, she's got a really good reason - and I'll agree, once I understand what it is.

So I stopped.

She told to turn, pointing toward the table.

So I turned, noticing that she'd gotten out a roll of duct tape.

My wife then pressed the end of the duct tape to the table at my right, walked behind me, pressed the duct tape to the table to my left, and tore the roll off from the loop she'd made.

Then, when she had me duct-taped to the table, she told me that I couldn't leave until I'd written a note to someone I'd been supposed to write - but had kept forgetting to do.

So I wrote the note.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

I hope the other kind of trap isn't one that kills the little critter.

(Mom is very persuasive.)

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir