Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Tuesday: Good News, Not-Entirely-Good News

I'm definitely under the weather. A five-hour afternoon nap isn't part of my routine, but today it felt pretty good. A bowl of chicken soup at noon was good, too.

On the other hand, yesterday our son reminded me of what we called "bedtime routine," where I'd read to him from a comic when he went to bed. We abandoned that routine when I started having those operations in 2006.

I had assumed that he had grown out of such things, but that apparently isn't the case. We started re-reading the first "Garfield" comic tonight. Returning to the old routine is a nostalgic treat for me. Since our son is developing new skills in reading and evaluating writing, we're having some interesting discussions of the "Garfield" strip's development now.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

Discussing the literary merits of a comic strip? Not exactly a normal father-son bedtime discussion topic.

^_^ But that's our family for ya.

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir