Monday, November 12, 2007

Monday: a Mild Case This Week

Our #2 daughter talked with #3 daughter and my wife tonight. Her music/education major has evolved into a music/Latin major. I'm not sorry that she's abandoned plans to teach in public schools. There were two incidents, both involving knives, if I recall correctly, involving student teachers this year.

This may be a foolish thought, but maybe American public schools are looking for teachers in the wrong places. Based on my limited experience, and what I've heard from #2, retiring Marine drill sergeants might make good teachers. Providing that the school administrations didn't undercut their authority, they'd have the skills, and the strength of will, required to maintain a semblance of order.

Don't get me wrong: the local schools seem to be okay, at least on the elementary level. But, either my daughter and I have been unusually "lucky" in experience (direct in my case, indirect, thank God, in hers), or there are 'way too many bad schools.

Enough of that. The way I'm feeling, I may be coming down with a cold.

On a more positive note, they're holding tryouts for the elementary school Christmas show tomorrow. (Or holiday, or winter, or whatever term we're supposed to use now. I lost track a few revisions back.) My son's got his eye on a particular part: we'll see how he does.

The school puts on a pretty good show each year. I'm looking forward to it.

My wife's re-organization of the household is moving along, with lift-and-carry assistance from our son.

Me, I'm trying to make a business work, and looking for a paying job. I had a nibble on the latter today, but I think it got away.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir