Sunday, November 18, 2007

Saturday: Snow on the Grill, Kids in the House

I goofed off for most of today.

My son talked to me before I was actually awake this morning. He wanted to know if it was okay for him to set up a gadget that should connect another computer to the internet.

I said, "go ahead, but don't break the seal on the package."

I knew that was nonsense about half-way through saying it. My son noted that he probably should have waited until all of me was functioning. And, I admitted that he'd have to break the seal to get at the gadget.

We had snow overnight: what I call cat-track snow. Most of it was gone by the time I went out to grill lunch, except for sheltered spots and the north side of things. Sooner or later, it'll snow and not go away for several months. I can hear the wind outside right now, whooshing through the trees. I like that sound, providing I'm in a warm spot.


A friend of our son's was over this afternoon. They played with small metal and plastic cars, for the most part. At least, that's what I noticed. I'm not sure how they got them to go so fast. And, of course, the two pre-teen boys made an incredible amount of noise.

#3 daughter handled the issue of being in the same house with the two boys quite well. At the point where they had found a whistle, she diplomatically suggested that they go outside for a while. I think they took her up on that.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir