Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday: Getting Caught Up

Friday, May 30, 2008. I've got some catching up to do.

My wife and #3 daughter took the van this morning, with the usual 'goodbye.' I assumed, of course, that this was their usual Friday morning routine that included a visit with the Sauk Centre grandpa.

I noticed that she'd left a serving of stew for me to have at lunch, which is a little unusual: but I assumed that she'd be back around 12:30 or 1:00, which sometimes happens.

Around 1:30, I decided that this wasn't a routine Friday for her. Around 4:45, #3 daughter called, brightly informing me that the two ladies were on their way home from St. Cloud, and that my wife would fed our son and me when they got home.

I'd forgotten that those two had an appointment in St. Cloud today. They also decided to visit my wife's sister and family who live in that town.

Meanwhile, back here, I'd been spending the day doing some long-overdue maintenance on my laptop. In late morning, #1 daughter showed up with some laundry to do. She also needed to pick up a belt for her job in Alexandria.

The two of us had some good talking while she did the laundry and I did my laptop file work.

Our son arrived after school, showed #1 daughter and me a detail of a Bionicle magazine that he'd spotted. It was one of those 'find the details' puzzles: a scene based on the new Indiana Jones movie, with Star Wars detail hidden in the background. Our son had found an X-Wing among a flock of birds.

Now, what's happened this week?

Tuesday, May 27. I woke early, got the computer to Alexandria and the computer store, stayed in town on the chance that the technicians could get the work done that day. I'd brought around paper-and-pen work, to make good use of the time. Also, at 2:30, #1 daughter was off duty, so we got together and talked. That was a good time.

I'd driven by her place twice before, to see if her car was there. Both times, and the third time when she was in, police were in the process of stopping someone on the highway.

I can see why. That particular spot is in town, with quite a bit of traffic coming out of a largely residential area. The speed limit is a reasonable 30 miles and hour. But, an inattentive driver could assume that it was open highway: and quite a few do.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008. I did my routine research, writing and blogging, but at a much slower rate than usual. This laptop isn't as fast as the 'main' computer. I also got some housework done. That's good exercise, actually.

Late in the afternoon, I got a call from the computer store. The main computer was working again: and should continue to do so for a while.

Thursday, May 29, 2008. I went to Alexandria this afternoon, talked with Naomi - and washed a sink-full of dishes at her place - picked up the computer, and returned home.

And, it's getting late, here in Friday, May 30. Time to call it a day.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir