Thursday, May 15, 2008

Still Catching Up: Mother's Day Weekend and After

I'd remembered to get something for my wife this Mother's Day: recordings of the third season of "Hawaii 5-O." She's quite a fan of that series, and Jack Lord.

Our son brought a plant home from school on Friday. It made it all the way to the front stoop. Then, he told me, it jumped out of his hand and spilled about a third of its dirt. The flower is okay, but will need a refill of soil.

Our son was quite peeved about the situation.

Catherine was under the weather over the Mother's Day weekend, which put a crimp in a family tradition. Happily, #2 daughter and our son were able to get a ride with the Sauk Centre grandpa to the annual family get-together at one of my wife's brothers' place.

I stayed with her, along with #3 daughter, who also wasn't feeling too well. For that matter, neither was I. I've made the joke before, about families doing things together: I didn't intend to follow that principle with the bug, but that's how it happened.

We're all better today. It's been an interesting week, though.

I think it was Tuesday morning, when I woke up at about 3:15. around 5:00, I decided that I might as well get some work done, since I obviously wasn't going to sleep.

Our son was on the main computer. He says that he hadn't noticed what time it was, so didn't realize that he was breaking the rule about his not using the computer until after 6:00 at the earliest.

More happened during the week, but that's what comes to mind right now. I've been a bit preoccupied, getting ready for another special weekend. More about that later.

We got a call from #2 daughter this evening. Or, rather, I got the call. She was surprised to hear that my wife had gone to Soo Bahk Do practice: considering how my wife had been feeling a few days ago. I also think there may have been some wishful thinking involved. #2 daughter enjoys talking with my wife.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir