Sunday, May 25, 2008

Saturday: Memorial Day Weekend, Family, and Quality Time

Our son and I had 'quality time' today. My wife, one of my brothers-in-law, and #3 daughter were in the Red River Valley of the North. Accompanied by #2 daughter, who they had picked up on the way.

We had a 'guys only' day, fixing meals, working on computers, and hanging out in a quite satisfactory way. Our son told me that he enjoyed the time. We were driving back from a trip to the grocery at the time. We ran out of lemon juice, and picked up a few other items why we were there.

The ladies and my brother-in-law returned, several jumps ahead of rain. It's been a windy day up here: nothing compared to the wild weather south of us, thankfully.

We had time to unpack and unload a pickup and trailer. The garage has a fair number of items in it now, and the living room. Quite a number of the things brought back are bookshelving. I can use that: This household has quite a few books.

We had a good talk, after unloading the truck and trailer. My brother-in-law had gone over to the Sauk Centre grandpa's house. There's going to be a bit of a get-together there tomorrow, I think.

I heard that the ladies had quite a time finding #2 daughter. Somehow, they missed the Moorhead exit, and crossed the river into Fargo. I think that was it. One of the statements my brother-in-law gave, to help things along, was "we're turning left at the homeless person."

I like the family I married into: They've got quite a sense of humor.

#2 daughter hung out with me for a while this evening, as I got caught up in another blog.

And now, it's time to get some sleep.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir