Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Morning, Memorial Day Weekend

I got up (no small feat), got ready and went to church with the family, and returned with #1 daughter, too. We now have a full compliment under the roof.

Our son got a learning-German book today, and is delighting in it. While #1 daughter kept me company and I grilled burgers for lunch, he regaled us with statements from the book.

That inspired me to compose a few words for a song. The tune is "Faith of our Fathers," the words are: "Speech of our fathers, rasping still: with glottal stops and rude-sounding words...."

I'm delighted that our son is excited about learning German. We've got a generation with some level of competence in Norwegian, German, and Spanish now.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir