Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Tuesday Evening: a Nice Summer Day

My back's feeling not-as-bad. I'm continuing the exercises and treatment that should keep that progress going in the right direction.

Sunday was a relaxed day. I grilled burgers for lunch, and mostly relaxed. Monday whizzed by. The landmark event of that day was the arrival of #2 daughter and my son-in-law-to-be. And his dog, Sprocket. Sprocket's a friendly, large sheepdog. Which I think I mentioned before.

I talked with the newcomers for a short while before turning in. It was around 11 when the arrived. I'd long since done my Garfield and song routine with my son (and #1 daughter, who likes to sing along), and my wife had sensibly retired a bit after that.

My son took Sprocket for a walk several times today, after school. It sometimes looked like the dog was taking him: but Sprocket was quite content to stop when my son did.

#1 daughter came back from another sales call a little while ago. I think she's doing pretty well with Cutco. Aside from a 'that's my girl' attitude, there's the matter of her running out of order forms today. She called the office and has a work-around for that situation.

#2 daughter and my son-in-law-to-be are in St. Cloud, or on their way back. I gather that they were doing some wedding-related things down there.

#3 daughter got a call from a would-be student within the last week. I gather that the gist of the conversation was that between family schedules and finances at the other end, there was neither time nor money for the lessons. She took the news quite well: particularly since this one called, rather than simply not showing up.

As for me, I got posts written, a search function added to one blog, and now plan to do something creative with a story's background.

After which it will be Garfield, song, and bed.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir