Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tuesday: A Rabbit's Playpen, and Sunset

Yesterday's weather was bright, and hot: but mentally, I was fogged in. I got some research and writing done, put a fan in the attic window and relaxed up there for a while, doing some reading (Walt Kelly's Pogo), and getting some pen-and-paper work done.

My wife, #1 daughter, and #3 daughter got the window air conditioner set up in the north room: which was a fine idea. The north room and kitchen are comfortable, and the living room is cooler and dryer than the outdoors.

I expected that I'd fall asleep quickly, considering how tired I felt: but that didn't happen. Oh, well: I've read that the occasional touch of insomnia isn't something to be concerned about.

Today was warm, and humid, so I went out and put in some time at my former employer's. One of their websites needs updating, and I seem to be their first choice.

#1 daughter has had her rabbit, Giol, inside for much of yesterday, and most of today. His 'home' in the garage allows him to lie down with a concrete floor under him, and what for him is a concrete wall to lean on, but there's a limit to how much a fur-covered creature can cool off.

My wife came up with an excellent idea for keeping Giol out of the way.


Simplicity itself: Place laundry basket on floor; place rabbit in laundry basket. Result: instant rabbit playpen.


Then, the rabbit realizes how easy it will be to jump out.


Putting another laundry basked, upside down, on top of the first worked quite well: until Giol learned that he could push the top one off. #1 daughter eventually used duct tape to fasten the top on.

I've gotten my blog research and writing done for the day, enjoyed a beautiful sunset, and now it's time to call it a day.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir