Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday: Distractions?

#2 daughter and I are still sorting things out. We talked with my father today: both a sociable chat, and later a more businesslike meeting with a lawyer. I'm enjoying this situation in a way: #2 daughter and I have had some really good talks today. And, of course, there's seeing my dad.

On the other hand, I'm probably distracted. Or something. At the medical facility, on our way out, I
  • Put on my cap
  • Looked at a poster my daughter pointed out to me, of a young man rather protectively holding an infant
  • Started searching my pockets for my cap
Then, in the parking lot, I discovered that I'd left the keys in the ignition of the van. Again. I'd pulled the same trick Wednesday.

Once back at my father's place, I turned off the engine, picked up my cane with my left hand, put the keys in my left hand (not going to forget those again!), looked between the driver's seat and passenger seat, and asked #2 daughter if I'd brought my cane with me.

#2 daughter says I need more sleep. She's probably right.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir