Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday: A Different Sort of Post

Kenya is in the news again. "Still" might be a more accurate way to put it. Kikuyu people and folks from the other half-dozen ethnic groups are engaged in dialog with guns and machetes. The current debate seems to be mostly over the outcome of the recent presidential election there.

Since this blog is about my experiences, living and raising a family in this part of small town America, what am I doing, writing about Kenya?

The Our Lady of the Angels parish in Sauk Centre is connected to the St. Joseph parish in Migori. This special relationship is within the St. Cloud / Homa Bay partnership. I'm acquainted with a couple of people from Homa Bay, thanks to friendships part of my extended family have with visiting priests.

So, I'm taking what's happening in Kenya a bit personally. We haven't heard anything about Homa Bay or Migori. Hardly surprising, since that patch of Kenya, by the northeast shore of Lake Victoria, is about as out-of-the-way as my part of central Minnesota.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir