Monday, January 28, 2008

Sunday: Back Home

I've been away from home for the weekend, and it's good to be back. My wife, #3 daughter, and our son were at Soo Bahk Do class when I got back, so I had the house to myself for a while: a pleasant opportunity to relax and enjoy the quiet.

Even with half the kids moved out now, it's seldom actually quiet at home.

I only forgot one major item at my father's place: the family's cell phone. My wife was quite understanding about it when I told her about it.

#1 daughter, #2 daughter, and I spent the weekend at my father's place, partly getting some family business done, and mostly having a good get-together with dad/grandpa. I also enjoyed the opportunities to talk with #1 daughter and #2 daughter. Those don't happen as often, now that they've moved out.

And, on the way home, #1 daughter and I tracked down the house I grew up in. It's been moved to Sabin, Minnesota. Most of the neighborhood I grew up in is a parking lot now, so I'm glad that the house was salvaged. This is the first time in many years that I've seen the place.

#1 daughter and I also observed a family tradition of sorts, stopping and Debbie's Home Style Kitchen in Fergus Falls for supper.

Our son, when he, his sister, and my wife came home, made me feel very good. He said that he'd missed our "Garfield" reading while I'd been gone. We read the comic tonight, of course, and read the song that I've sung to, and sometimes with, the kids at bedtime.

It's late, I've had a big weekend, so I'll sign off now.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir