Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wednesday: Due to Lack of Attention, I Missed This Day

Oops. I missed Wednesday's post.

One of the non-routine things for me that day was driving to Alexandria, 20 miles up the road, to apply for a job in customer service. The outfit had a standardized test: and I missed the target score by four points. Frustrating, but maybe they'll be interested anyway.

Back in Sauk Centre, I called our telephone provider to report a lack of incoming calls. The come-ons for credit cards and aluminum siding I don't mind missing, but three places that I wanted to hear from couldn't get a response from our phone: not even a busy signal. I did a little checking, and found out which telephone company two of the three use. It's a regional outfit, one that I've had a little experience with.

An hour, maybe, after I called our phone company, I got a call from that regional phone provider. I knew the person who was calling - well after normal business hours. That's not so unusual around here. Like most small towns, after living here a while, the folks you talk to at businesses are also people you know through other channels.

Anyway, she was checking up on the call I made to the other company. At least, that's what I assume.

Then this morning (It's the next day, Thursday, January 17, as I write this), I got another call - this time from our phone provider. They weren't able to find a trace of any of the three calls made to this number in their logs, and figure that the regional service never routed them our way.

I was told, if this happens again, to say "we can call them, but they can't call us." Apparently that's a good way of getting a technician's attention.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir