Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Monday: It's Not Such a Bad Day, Actually

Monday morning is a much-maligned time of the week. This particular Monday, however, was a fine one: at least for me.

After prying my eyelids open, and reaching an acceptable compromise with my eyes over the matter of focusing and tracking, I renewed several domains for my (former?) employer. At this point, considering the amount of work I actually do there, I'm probably more of a consultant.

"Consultant:" I like that. Sounds so much better than "laid off."

Meanwhile, after noon, my body insisted on a nap.

I thought I was getting to that exercise place in the afternoon, but picking up materials at the public library (a karaoke DVD for #3 daughter, and a how-2 book for me), and getting a gadget for putting socks on, took quite a bit longer than I thought it would.

Late Monday afternoon seems to be the time when everyone and his uncle has to pick something up at the Coborns pharmacy. I've been there before often enough, and never say it that crowded.

So, I went to exercise after supper. This business of regularly cycling, lifting, pulling, and all that is a new habit for me. So far, it's working out quite well. A little to my surprise, After about a year of this, I'm feeling better and moving around more.

After I got home, evening routines led to me reading "Garfield" with our son.

Right now, the wind is wuthering outside, I understand that it's going to be a cold tomorrow, and I've still got some writing to do: so that'll be all for today.

1 comment:

Brigid said...

Hi, Dad!

Just here to bother you about a little typo. ^_^

"I've been there before often enough, and never say it that crowded."

Should be:

"I've been there before often enough, and never sa{w} it that crowded."

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir