Saturday, April 26, 2008

Friday: Weekend Coming. Also Snow

I see I missed Thurday's entry. The highlight of that day was my session at Fitness Guru, the exercise place. I added two machines to the set that I've learned to use. They're #1 and #2, designed to work the front and back abdominal muscles. Happily, I didn't strain anything then: or today.

Day-to-day, the exercises don't seem to have much effect. I've noticed, though, that I'm a great deal more active now, than I was a few months ago. Little by little, bit by bit, is, I suppose, the trick.

Yesterday was gray, today was grayer: with rain. The rain was turning to pellets when I got back from Fitness Guru today. It's been snowing and blowing this evening. I'm glad I don't have to travel now.

I see that the Sauk Centre school levy passed, 1,362 Yes to 905, yesterday. There were some passionate letters to the editor about that. I suspect that what we were told would happen to school bus service may have been what tipped the scales.

Also yesterday, I set a hummingbird feeder by the north side of the house. It's early. I looked up arrivals and departures for hummingbirds bound for Minnesota, and found this: "Minnesota -- Ruby-throats arrive in May and leave in September."

I'll want to make sure that I keep the feeder clean and primed.

I've been a bit distracted by some work and organizing, and trust that things will be a bit more normal tomorrow.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir