Saturday, March 8, 2008

Saturday: Getting Caught Up, and Grilling Lunch

I've had a fraction of a night's sleep during the last 72 hours. I'm also coming down with something: whether it's a result of the lack of sleep, or not being able to sleep is a result of the bug, I don't know.

Either way, it's an interesting sensation.

Let's see. What's happened?

A friend of our son was over on Thursday. They had a good time, quite a bit of it spent in what they called a Bionicle war.

We've been finding Bionicle parts around the living room since then.

My wife's not feeling all that well either, so she asked me if I'd take our son to Soo Bahk Do Thursday night. When #3 daughter heard that I had agreed to go, she gave me a hug. Apparently, she was impressed.

I took some stuff along, got about two and a half folders-worth of papers organized, and some writing done, while Peter learned Soo Bah Doh - and broke one of those rebreakables: "boards" that can be put back together again.

I had a talk with one of the dons there: apparently the limitations that came with these replacement hips aren't a reason to not re-start my interest in Soo Bahk Do. He pointed out that there were black belts in wheelchairs.

Friday is a bit of a blur. I got postal paperwork done for that bulletin I handle, and got it to the post office. As long as I was out, I went to that publishing company I worked for (and still do - a few minutes a month, on average) and started sorting out an issue they're having with getting their website updated.

That, dropping off some letters and bills, and peddling an exerciser, seems to have been about it. It didn't take anywhere near as long to work up a sweat.

Which brings us back to today. I've grilled lunch, not quite incinerating the burgers. I started daydreaming after putting them on the grill: not a good idea.

It's 1:10 in the afternoon. Which reminds me: tonight we do that spring-forward part of daylight savings time.

If I don't fall asleep, there's a chance I'll post again today.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir