Saturday, October 19, 2013

Malware: Threat, and Opportunity for Relaxation

A routine sweep of my computer last night found two probably-related instances of malware on my computer. The software that found them asked if I wanted them removed. I gave it the go-ahead, of course.

After re-starting my computer, I had a more robust anti-malware application sweep the computer again.

This gave me much more free time than I expected today: or wanted.

Five hours later, I've eaten, washed dishes, started reading something #3 daughter wrote, listened to music, and chatted with my son about the malware situation.

The good news is that the second-to-the-last sweep only uncovered four instances of malware: which weren't there after the last one.

The 'it's not a problem, it's an opportunity' news is that I have five fewer hours to get tomorrow morning's post done.

That's okay. I've got my notes from yesterday: and now I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. And, probably, evening.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir