Friday, March 7, 2014

Welcoming Our Granddaughter

My wife and I met our new granddaughter for the first time yesterday.

The adoption process, and a medical emergency which happily did not involve the baby, finally progressed to a point where #2 daughter and son-in-law could travel back to our part of the continent.

#3 daughter took this photo yesterday evening. That's my son, holding the new member of our family. I got his okay to use this photo on the condition that I make it very clear that he's the baby's uncle: not her father.



I've had my moments, holding my little granddaughter. Not so little, actually: she was around 9 pounds at birth, and healthily sturdy.

I'm looking forward to the first time she tugs my beard.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir