Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday: Where'd Sunday Go?!

Sunday went by very fast. I went to church, grilled lunch, had a fine time listening to #2 daughter and #3 daughter talking, talked a little with my son and #1 daughter, doodled a bit on a project - not really working, just playing with some ideas - and thoroughly enjoyed grilled potatoes, corn-on-the-cob (provided by #1 daughter), bear meat for supper.

I'm not entirely clear on where we got it, probably one of my wife's brothers, but we have been enjoying bear meat this weekend. It's not as different from beef as I'd have expected. Good, though.

My son made a very short movie, involving Bionicle characters, over the weekend. He figured out how to use Windows Movie Maker and Microsoft Paint to do stop-action animation with sprites. Smart lad. He got such an enthusiastic response from a fan site, that he finished a sequel today.

Speaking of movies, we've been doing more movie-watching at home than usual: "Ratatouille," Saturday night, and "Alvin and the Chipmunks" (2007) tonight. Fun! Maybe because I remember 1958, I enjoyed the 'history of the chipmunks' video that was on the DVD.

I see I forgot to note that my wife got new (to us) chairs for the kitchen table. She tells me that the former owner practically begged her to take them, at a rummage sale. I can see why: it's been decades since plastic bucket seats like that have been in style. But, they're functional and comfortable - so we like them.

I've got to turn in and get some sleep. Goodnight.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir