Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break, Cast's Off, a Week's Gone By

#3 daughter is almost out of her cast. She'd gone from the past-the-elbow cast to a smaller, lighter model. Then, this week, she had that one off, and is now equipped with a much smaller, strap-on, brace that she's supposed to have on at intervals.

Good news! She has a bit of a time holding things like the kitchen salt-shaker up, but that's what happens when muscles don't get used for a month. She's working at flexing her wrist: and quite interested in getting it back in proper working order.

#2 daughter is still in Louisiana, having periodic phone conversations - mostly with #3 daughter. I understand that giving music lessons is going well down there.

#1 daughter spent the week here, for spring break. And her rabbit, Giol, of course. It's fun to have that furry guy around the house.

I took my son and a friend of his to Soo Bahk Do Thursday evening. My wife wasn't feeling well, and his friend's mother wouldn't be home until late. My son's friend and I got on pretty well: it was mostly me answering questions he had.

And, my son got an early birthday present from one of his friends: Age of Empires, a computer game/simulation that has the user build a civilization from the stone age, up. He let me play it, and it's fun. Engaging. He and his friend have played it (it's got a multi-player mode), with good results.

My wife's still stretching and exercising her way out of the kinks and aches she got in that accident, but she's just about up to par now. Good news.

My wife, son, and #3 daughter are now preparing to go to Soo Bahk Do.

Me? I've been researching, writing, and doing the odd spot of art for my blogs and web pages.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir