Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday: One More Day, and I Get to Grill Burgers

My son called, a little before noon, so I had a chance to talk with him a bit. He wanted to talk with my wife and #3 sister, but the ladies were out at the time. I understand he called later, and caught them. He reports that #2 daughter may drive back tomorrow - but we'll see how that works out.

He's having a fine time, I gather. Besides helping with chores, he's working with a new laptop computer: it's his 'junior high/high school' computer, which he's been paying for. We speeded up delivery of the laptop a bit, since he has this opportunity to spend time with my son-in-law-to-be, who has some experience with such things. Good experience: for both, I think.

I drove to St. Cloud around noon, to have my CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure - the thing helps keep my airway clear when I sleep) put through its annual pressure test. The device is working normally, which is good news. Driving for an hour down to St. Cloud, and an hour back, may not have been the ideal way to spend time, but it was a beautiful day.

While in St. Cloud, I stopped by the Crossroads mall and took some reference photos. They've expanded the place substantially since I was there last. It seems to me there's more emphasis on letting sunlight in for illumination, and less exclusive reliance on lighting fixtures, than when malls started being built.

#1 daughter made another sales call today - at least one. She's still upbeat about that job - and looking for another way to earn money.

#1 daughter also planted a bleeding heart bush she bought for my wife. She remembered that my wife had liked a bleeding heart bush at our previous house. (That's my girl!) #1 daughter reports that it felt good, digging a spot for the bush - and clearing out some concrete rubble she found in the process.

I didn't go to Soo Bahk Do class with my wife and #3 daughter this evening: there was an entry for the Sauk Centre Journal to do, and I'm determined to get to sleep at a reasonable hour. Which, God willing, I will: I finished the entry a few hours ago.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir