Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Transitions - Paperwork

I started tying up some loose ends today, regarding my father's financial affairs. It's high time that I did, as it turns out.

My mother died near the end of February, last year (Februay 23, 2008). Turns out, her name is still on a bank account she and my father shared, up in North Dakota. On an emotional level, I think I can understand why my father didn't remove her name.

Still, that's something that needs to be dealt with. Which means that I'll need to get the original death certificate. Which I find hasn't been done.

Getting that far along took most of this afternoon, and a trip to Alexandria, up the road.

On the up side, it's a beautiful day, and I enjoyed the scenery.

Didn't get much else done, though.

And, I can't say that attending to the business of my mother's death and my father's steady decline is adding to my chipperness.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir