Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday: Hectic, But a Good Sort of Hectic

Good grief, it's over a week since I wrote here. I've been doing my usual work: researching and writing. And, getting a Knights of Columbus bulletin out for the local council. I finished the postal paperwork for one today.

The big deal was me going up to the Red River Valley of the North for the better part of two days: Wednesday the 15th and Thursday the 16th. I visited my father for a while, and spent the rest of the time at the homestead, where my son-in-law-to-be is setting things up. He and #2 daughter plan to live there after they're married, this September.

He's gotten a respectable set of plantings in the greenhouse, including herbs. He's a better-than-pretty-good cook, and introduced me to more Cajun cookery while I was there.

#2 daughter, my son, and my son-in-law-to-be came/returned Sunday night. My son's still here, but #2 daughter and son-in-law-to-be left this afternoon. She's involved in the wedding of one of her friends. I think she's providing music: She took her violin, at any rate.

#1 daughter's rabbit has settled into a new enclosure in the garage: a more secure, and better-ventilated arrangement of chicken fence wire and two by fours than the cardboard walls he had for a while.

#2 daughter's just about finished with her wedding invitations, #3 daughter's practicing her music - which is a delight to hear - and my son's come back from the Red River Valley of the North.

It's been good to have the kids under one roof for a while.

Also, a bit hectic. But a good sort of hectic.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir