Thursday, July 28, 2011

Birdbath, Bingo Booth, and Trade Show

Getting caught up:

July 19, 2011. I see I didn't mention it that day, but on the 19th, our birdbath basin reappeared. It blew away in the July 10 storm. Someone must have found it, and figured out where it came from. And left it by the birdbath column. Thank you!


New-to-us pool table. July 3, 2011.

My wife bought a pool table around July 3, at a rummage sale. It's not perfectly flat - but it took a bit of play to be sure about that. The folks who had it asked for about 1/10 to 1/100 of what I've seen this sort of thing selling for - and I'm pretty sure that they knew it wasn't exactly up to tournament standards. So I think it was a satisfactory trade for both of us.

I've gotten another bulletin out for the Knights of Columbus local council. We're getting the Bingo booth set up at the Stearns County Fair. And for the first time in many years - I won't be calling numbers at the 6:00-8:00 p.m. Saturday shift.

I've got a pretty good reason for not being there. My son-in-law and #2 daughter are taking me to a trade show in Philadelphia: where I'll be the company gopher and booth-sitter-in-residence. It's the first time in many years that I've been at a convention and trade show, and the first time ever being in Philadelphia. Near the city, actually. It's going to be a long week, the trade show lasts Monday through Friday: but I think it's going to be a good experience.

Sort-of-related posts, not necessarily in this blog:

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir