Sunday, June 24, 2007

Ego Adjustments: Another Benefit of Having Kids

I was very pleased with myself this evening, as a 3d art project I've been working on came closer to completion. I'd solved a thorny problem with atmospheric perspective, and learned a technique for carving shapes and applying textures.

Hearing one of my daughters walking behind me, I drew her attention to what was on the screen, expecting some sort of affirming response.

In a mildly surprised tone she said, "so you actually managed something!"

And then, after some consideration, "well, it's a lot better than the polka dots."

It's wonderful, having a family whose members see to it that my feet stay firmly planted on the ground.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir