Friday, April 11, 2008

Thursday: Winter Storm Thunder

I'm wrapping this up about 2:15 Friday morning. It's been a crazy day, thanks to a couple of deadlines I had to meet.

A flash and lightening and thunder a few minutes ago let me know that this is not an ordinary winter storm. No surprise, really, since it's April in Minnesota.

We got an automated call from the school this evening. They're showing remarkably good sense, and delaying school for two hours tomorrow. With the snow, rain, and mutant combinations of that nice, normal, precipitation, the roads are going to be in rare condition by morning.

Our son got out for a few minutes this afternoon and had a high old time in the wind and snow, before my wife caught him. He's still recovering from that bug, and she had no intention of letting him get sick again.


He sat for a while after that, looking out the back door.

Speaking of back doors, when I did a routine late-evening check, I found that the back door of the garage had been left open. It's on the east side: the direction the wind is coming from. There was quite a bit of snow caked on the wall, floor, and a few other surfaces, by the time I discovered that.

I was not a happy camper for a while after that. It's awkward, trying to jam a door shut, with a Minnesota storm trying to blow it open.

I got the job done, though, with a shovel and a half-filled garbage can. Elegant, no: but it got the job done.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir