Monday, March 10, 2008

Monday: More About Transition

I got a call from someone with Hospice again today. I really appreciate the way they keep in touch.

My father's struggling to breathe now. I'm told that he sends his love, and that we shouldn't feel obligated to come: since we were up there a weekend ago.

I'm also told that he's cheerful: Hardly a surprise.

That man is a hard act to follow, as a father.

I'm just as glad that he waved off a visit. With this bug I've got, I shouldn't be in a facility with older people - or anyone else with a less-than-fit immune system.

There should be some sort of philosophical insight here - but my brain seems to have molasses in the works.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir