Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday: This Has Been a Pretty Good Week

My wife, #3 daughter, and my son are playing Cue Me in the living room, and I've been trying to get my webcam and the Internet back on speaking terms.

In no particular order, here are some highlights from the week:

A nail clipper wasn't where it's supposed to be. Of course, I immediately assumed that my son had borrowed it and laid down somewhere else. I've learned to be dubious about assumptions. For good reason. The nail clipper was in plain sight, on the left side of my work area, instead of in a cup on the right. When I saw it, my memory informed me that I'd used it earlier: and left it there.

We've had a day with a high in the eighties, with bright sun; another about forty degrees below that; one with lowering clouds and drizzle; and a small thunderstorm. In other words, a fairly normal springtime week in central Minnesota.

My wife's started growing sprouts again: for which I'm duly grateful. She's got a sort of plastic box that's designed for growing sprouts - and it seems to work better than the glass-jar-water-and-hope system she used before.

Some of those sprouts went on burgers that I grilled yesterday and today. I'm very glad to back in the habit of grilling burgers on weekend.

I've started taking Soo Bahk Do classes, and as expected I've forgotten a great deal. On the other hand, I remember more than I thought I would. And, I'm not quite as badly out of shape as I'd feared. Practicing every day between classes helps.

The only negative consequence of getting back into the process of learning Soo Bahk Do is that I have quite a few hours a week now that aren't available for writing or other work. That's more than balanced by what I expect will be improved physical condition and mental focus. In short: I'm feeling better. Aside from sore muscles, that is - but that will pass.

My wife had one of my brothers-in-law take a look at her car. It's had battery problems. He found faulty connections, fixed them, and fixed the situation. Aside from being a great bunch, the family I married into has quite a wide range of abilities.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir