Monday, October 12, 2009

Being Home is Good

I'm back.

I buried the other half of my father and mother Friday, in the Hulse cemetery near Pecatonica, Illinois. And, had a brief but good get-together with family.

Saturday and Sunday, various portions of the family saw Chicago's Adler Planetarium, Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium. I was at the planetarium and aquarium - and hope to write something about them. Not tonight.

We flew back today, arriving only a few hours late. Airlines flying into Minneapolis International were delayed from snow in the morning, and were playing catch-up for the rest of the day.

But, journeys come to an end: and this one saw us back here in Sauk Centre, about twenty, twenty-five minutes ago.

#2 daughter & my new son-in-law decided to head on to their home in the Red River Valley of the North. He's got a video shoot to do, tomorrow afternoon, and I understand the reasons for their wanting to spend the night (what's left of it) in their own home.

I've gotten a webcam back online, and hope I can turn in soon.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir