Saturday, January 4, 2014

Just Touching Base

A few hours after getting an automated call from the Sauk Centre Public Schools, I learned that all Minnesota public schools were closing. The Governor said they should. I'm glad that someone showed good sense. It's going to be - brisk.

I've seen a doctor about my left shin: again. The good news is that the two new open spots aren't infected. The bad news is that even when these heal over, I can expect more of the same. It's an incentive to keep my diabetes under control, and lose weight. Lots of incentive.

It's also frustrating: but I've had lots of practice dealing with "frustrating." I think having substandard hip joints helped me learn, from infancy up, to deal with limitations: not quietly, or calmly; but to deal with them.

On a happier note, there was a big family get-together today over at my father-in-law's place. A really big one. I stayed here, partly because I'm just about the exact opposite of a 'party person,' partly because I'm having more than the currently normal trouble with my legs, and partly because I had a post to get ready for tomorrow.

My wife, son, son-in-law, and daughters # 2 and 3 were there. I gather that they had a good time. For that, I am very glad.

Related post:

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir