Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tuesday: We're Getting a "New" Van

Yesterday, after picking up some groceries, my wife told me that we were getting a new van. What she actually said was, "we're getting a new car," but since "car" is used as a term for any vehicle that isn't a truck, and since she had been driving the van, I knew what she meant.

Where was I?

Right. We're getting a new car. Van, actually. In fact, I doubt that it'll be new: 'previously owned' vehicles work just as well, as a rule, don't cost as much, and generally have the same maintenance costs as new ones.

I'll be starting to take a look around (online) later today, to see what sort of thing is available in our area, and get an idea of what prices are like. We'll probably have to spend more than the $500 or so that #3 daughter's car cost, but I don't want to be a spendthrift, either.

My son's making a contraption in the living room - but that's a topic for another post.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir