Saturday, May 16, 2009

Back From Visiting my Dad

I'm back from visiting my father, up in North Dakota. I had a good excuse: it was his birthday. We had two talks, I collected information my wife needed, and I got back after an uneventful - and fuel-efficient - drive.

The new-to-us van has a gizmo that shows average miles-per-gallon. I don't know how accurate it is, but the numbers let me see whether I'm getting better, or worse, than our 'typical' fuel consumption. Handy.

My son greeted me at the door when I got home, I hung out with my wife, #3 daughter, my son, and Giol, #1 daughter's rabbit, for a while, and then started catching up on some work that had accumulated during the day.

We've now said prayers, I've read "Garfield" with my son and sung our customary song, and I see that it's about time to turn in.

It's been a good day.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir