Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day 2009

My son tells me that he took wires from a broken headset, and made a cord-and-plug arrangement that lets him attach subwoofers to anything that has a headphone jack. He got the subwoofers from a defunct stereo. I'm not entirely clear on which device that is. Or was.

He's quite pleased with his accomplishment. He started the project yesterday: then, his goal was to reconfigure his alarm clock to get him up more effectively.

I grilled burgers for lunch today: one extra, since #3 daughter's 'twin cousin' has been visiting us. I haven't seen much of those two: they're generally up in my daughter's room, or otherwise out of sight, doing and talking about whatever they do and talk about.

At 12:20 this afternoon, I saw my first hummingbird of the season. The feeder's nectar level had been going down faster than evaporation would account for, so I figured the creatures must be back, but this is the first one I've seen.

They're attractive - and fast - little creatures. This one was a bit green on the back, and may have had a bit of red at the throat. I didn't get that much of a look at it, actually. As I said, they're fast.

My wife, #3 daughter, and son, spent most of the afternoon at my father-in-law's place, visiting him and some others of the extended family. #1 daughter and I stayed here. She had some work to wrap up, and so did I.

We also spent a few hours trying to find suitable software for my webcam. I think we both enjoyed the time: and now we know of several software packages that are not suitable. Which is progress, in its own way.

By now, supper has been eaten, #1 daughter's rabbit is having time in the house with us, and my wife's practicing "Syncopated Clock" on the keyboard. We watched a Remington Steele episode on a newly-discovered channel: the show is still quite viewable, after about two decades.

Finally, over the weekend my son found - and became interested in - model rocket kits. One of which was left over from my late-high-school interest in the hobby. I think he and #1 daughter will be building them, with me serving as a technical adviser. That should be fun.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir