Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thursday: Walking the Dog

My wife, son, and #3 daughter got back from Soo Bahk Do about a half hour ago, and I'm wrapping up my tasks here at the computer.

Coborn's grocery, a few blocks south, is having a 'kid's week' promotion - today's events included a sort of parade at 10:00 a.m. I got down there with a camera and may have gotten some decent photos. The parade consisted of a couple dozen children - some with a wagon or something similar - following someone in a purple cow costume around the parking lot.

It looked like they were having fun.

#1 daughter picked a bucket-full of cherries today. This year we're getting to them before the birds do. I had one: delicious. They're rather tart, but that's fine with me.

This evening, while the others were at Soo Bahk Do, I decided to try going on a walk with Sprocket, my son-in-law-to-be's dog. #1 daughter knew where the leash was, so she got it connected.

The walk went quite well. Sprocket definitely wanted to walk faster than I could - but he apparently figured out that I was at top speed, and adjusted his pace accordingly.

Walking a dog is not like walking a cat. Sprocket was quite willing to go left, right, straight ahead, or stop, in response to light pressure on the leash.

He would have been very willing to keep heading south when we reached the Lake Wobegon Trail, but willingly turned around after we stood there a few minutes. He wasn't straining at the leash so much on the way back, though.

And, now, it's time to read Garfield with my son.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir