Thursday, January 14, 2010

Locking the Family Out: Or, the Knock

My wife, #3 daughter, and son were at Soo Bahk Do this evening. I wrapped up (most) of the day's tasks while they were out. And, fiddled around a bit on the keyboard.

Fiddled? Keyboard? Uf da: not the best metaphor. Let it pass.

I checked the garage while I was over there: the light was on, which I decided must have been intentional, so they wouldn't be in the dark on their return.

Then I (quite automatically, without thinking or even being aware of it) locked the inside door of the garage, and settled in, two rooms away, to get a little further along on a fiction project.

After a time, I realized that someone was knocking at a door.

The garage door! I'd locked it.

Oh, well: they didn't have to wait more than - maybe a minute?

It's late, and I'm determined to get a reasonable night's sleep.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir