Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Looking Like Santa

It's almost 1:00 a.m. and I'm finally done for the day. Or nearly so.

On Saturday, April 27, I was at a Knights of Columbus fundraiser near the entrance of Coborn's. We were collecting money for Special Olympics, Camphill Village, and similar outfits.

At one point, a boy came by with his (mother?). He looked at me across the table, smiling mischievously, pointed at me and said "you look like Santa." That was a day-brightener.

#2 daughter and Son-in-Law stopped by a little before 10:00 p.m., on their way to the Twin Cities. He showed me a document he wanted proofed and revised as necessary: which I had done a bit before midnight.

Reading, proofing, editing, and revising several hundred words isn't the sort of thing that lulls me to sleep, so I wasn't exactly listless at the end of the process.

Dishes were waiting, anyway, so I had something constructive to do while unwinding.

Now, though, I really should get to sleep.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir